Monday, December 17, 2007

First Post - What is this blog about?

As my first post, I guess I need to explain what I am trying to accomplish with this blog.
Well, here it goes. .

I am a 29 year old guy, who currently is a business development manager at a high tech company in the US. I've got an MBA, which helped me realize the wonderful world of finance. Call it passion, greed, love for money, challenge. Whatever.. I just want to get into the finance industry.

After struggling to get a job in some high profile investment banks, I faced the reality: the business school I've graduated from is not a high profile school that bulge bracket investment banks like to hire from.

Instead of quitting, I started looking for alternatives. One of these alternatives was a radical one, which was the one I decided to pursue. Going back to the graduate school! After a bachelors and masters in engineering, as well as an MBA, I am planning to go back to the grad school to get what I want. My plan is to get into one of the best schools in the finance field, and work my way into the finance industry.

I know this dream will not be easy, in multiple aspects. It will be a huge financial impact, as I am looking into getting a full-time Masters in Finance. This will mean quitting my nicely paid job, and taking a large debt. I live in the US, and since the programs I am looking at are mostly in the UK, it would also mean leaving my lovely newly-wed wife for a year. The list goes on and on...

Hence this blog's reason for being. I am an archive freak. I like going back in time and looking at my thoughts. I also like helping other people in due process. So I decided to start a blog that I would post anonymously, and share my experience with the world.

I have also setup an email address to communicate with the world regarding this blog. You can contact me at finantic (@) gmail (dot) com with any questions or comments you would like to make privately. Otherwise, commenting to each post is also enabled, and I encourage you to use it for all your public comments.

This blog will be publishing an RSS feed, and if you are interested in what I have to say, I encourage you to subscribe to my RSS feed. I use Google Reader for reading my RSS feeds, and I highly encourage you to use it. It's a great product.

That's it for now.. Next couple of posts will be about my applications to finance schools.

Thanks!

No comments: