Wednesday, March 5, 2008

LBS MIF Admits so far

There are 78 people that has been admitted so far. From what I see, most people have careers in finance, although not at very high-profile institutions such as I-banking or hedge funds. Working at a government organization (central bank or so) also seems like a popular trend.

One of my readers emailed me today saying he's got in. I hope more of the readers of this blog will get in to the program and we'll meet in London. I'm pretty excited about going there, especially since we've pretty much decided that my wife will join me in London as well.

7 comments:

My Take said...

Hi, are there any Part time admits in the MiF program so far? What is the total intake (FT vs PT). thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi, Finantic -

I'm leaving this note to say "Thank you." Your blog a few months back was very useful when I was preparing for my LBS interview. I received my offer mid-January, thanks in part to the advice you provided in your blog.

Thanks.

DB

T said...

I'm glad I could help. This is wonderful to hear.

I'll see you in London in a few months!

Half-serious said...

Hi Finantic,

I was keen on finding out how the admissions have fared with the backdrop of the credit crunch. How do the current and prospective students view the job situation? Has LBS been flooded with applications or are people cautious about leaving their jobs before moving for MiF? How many people are confirmed to join the MiF FT this year?

VG

T said...

Hey Deepti,

I think your question is very valuable, but my sample set is not large enough to answer this question fairly. These would be great questions to ask the LBS admissions committee.

My gut feeling is people are hoping the worst is (or will be by the time of graduation) over. It could also be that different areas of finance such as distressed debt, M&A, PE would get some more traction due to the credit crunch.

I might have a better answer for you once I start the program in September.

Anonymous said...

Hi Finantic,

I just fell in love with LBS when I visited their campus last year. I would like know as to what would be average GMAT score required for the MiF program and how many yrs of work exp. is needed to make a successful application ?

Unknown said...

Hi,

Could you please provide the average GMAT score and work exp. needed for a successful application to the MiF program at LBS?