Saturday, February 23, 2008

My first ding - Princeton

Princeton dinged me. I should honestly say that Princeton was the school that I least paid attention to during applications, although I thought my essays were pretty good. I've sent the application fee pretty late, and did not bother to send any transcripts since they did not ask for it in the initial application.

In any event, I think getting 2 acceptances out of 3 schools is still pretty good. An acceptance from Princeton would not have changed my decision, so I'm glad someone else got an acceptance from Princeton instead of me.

In the coming days I'll write more about the LBS financing the studies, curriculum, career paths and scholarships. There is a very vibrant discussion going on at the LBS portal among the new admits. I am not allowed to copy & paste any information directly from LBS portal to here, but I will definitely write my impressions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been admitted to Princeton. Can I ask why you think LBS and Oxford are better than Princeton? Thanks!

T said...

I responded before but it vanished. Let's try again.

I've never said that LBS or Oxford is better than Princeton. I did say I would prefer LBS over Princeton, which is a personal choice.

LBS has close connections to the London's finance industry and my understanding is Princeton does not, at least not as much as LBS. There are other factors such as US vs. Europe, recent FT rankings, employment surveys of both schools etc.

All in all it was a personal decision. Princeton is a great school, that's why I applied for it. I hope you'll get the most out of it.