Monday, February 11, 2008

The natural selection

It's nice to know that people are following this blog. I hope it hasn't been too long, but there has been quite a few things going on in my life lately and I haven't been able to write much. Also, I did not know which offer I was going to accept.

On one hand, there was Oxford, a name that everybody appreciate with an opportunity to get a decent internship over the summer. The other option was LBS, the heavy-weight champion of all Finance programs around.

It was a tough decision, but I have decided to accept LBS' offer. And here's the reason for the title: I just waited until Oxford's offer expires, so now I only have one offer that I can not afford rejecting. Isn't that wonderful?

To top it off, here's the 2007 Global MBA rankings from Financial Times:
http://rankings.ft.com/global-mba-rankings

LBS jumped from #5 to #2 spot globally, and it's also the #1 business school in Europe.
http://media.ft.com/cms/1a8b39e4-c804-11dc-94a6-0000779fd2ac.pdf

So now that the decision phase is over, I can concentrate on making arrangements for moving to London.! And that would mean letting my lovely car go :(

Here's a little goodie about LBS. It's kinda cheesy but I like it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard! I look forward to meeting you in September.

Anonymous said...

Hi..

Congratulations for making it to London Business School MiF.I have been reading your blog for quite some time and I must say LBS was always a better choice for you as SBS had quite a significant percentage of people with no work experience.In LBS there are people already with an MBA and very similar to you in years of experience.
Best of luck for your future endeavors.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I likewise look forward to meeting you this fall. It will be a little tough leaving the beautiful weather in Sunny Southern California, but I'm excited about the opporunities that abound from our future experience. Now I just need to muster up the money to make it work.